About Pugin > Organ Cases
Designed c.1838, constructed 1838-39. Instrument by Henry Bevington and Sons, Greek Street, Soho, case by Hull of Wardour Street. Installed in 1841 in west gallery of St Mary's Cathedral; moved to south transept in 1849. Destroyed by fire in 1865.
Attributed to Pugin. Case design a highly simplified development from organ illustration in his St Marie's College ideal scheme of 1834. Instrument built by L. and S. Parsons of Bloomsbury, London, and installed in west gallery of Oscott College Chapel, 1838.
Based on Pugin organ case illustration in Sir John Sutton's 1847 book, A Short Account of Organs Built in England from the Reign of King Charles the Second to the Present Time. Instrument by William Drake, Devon, completed 1999 and installed in the Chapel of St Mary Undercroft, Palace of Westminster.